- M. Crump ( a more than everyday sort of angel)
- The barkeep at the White Eagle Saloon who gave me the best old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten (also one of the better Old Fashioneds) when she tended the night
- the most beautiful band in Portland played an open wedding reception.
- Please go see The Druthers at your earliest opportunity. They'll do you good.
- The woman with the easy, warm smile who substituted a half-dram of whiskey for rum in my happy hour mojito at Bernie's Southern Bistro.
- The morning crew at Tin Shed Café who graciously forgave my left-field visual deficits (the tea was not hot, thank goodness!) and did not look askance when I salted my potato cakes with a few stray tears.
- The dapper, gentle-eyed gentleman who told me as he passed me on Alberta, "That color looks good on you, young lady."
- Roxanne at Bishop's on Division. I hope your friend sailed through labor and is now enjoying its precious fruit!!
- The black man on the number 4 bus who surveyed us sorry lot and declared with disappointment verging on moral outrage, "I ain't never seen so many sad white people! I never! No!"
Che belli che siete! Grazie!